Learning through Discovery, Creativity and Imagination
We, the faith community of Saint Peter Central Catholic, provide a caring atmosphere for students in Preschool through Grade Eight. Within our Catholic, diverse community, we strive to welcome, educate and acknowledge each individual. We nurture the intellectual curiosity and spirit of all. We are committed to treat all that we encounter with respect, love and mercy. We are called to be Disciples of Christ’s love.
The purpose of the St. Peter Central Catholic Preschool program is to offer opportunities for young children to grow in a safe, nurturing and loving atmosphere that is trustworthy and respectful. Each child is recognized as an individual with a different timetable for growing and learning. Curriculum foundations are designed to develop the whole child spiritually, emotionally, physically, cognitively and socially. All children are encouraged to develop confidence, problem solving, and independence in caring for themselves.
Our program provides services to children ages three to five years old and their families, regardless of sex, race, religion, cultural heritage, national origin, or disabilities. We are dedicated to building self-esteem, encouraging independence, and developing creative and enriching opportunities that enhance the growth and development of each child. Process, not perfection, is valued at our preschool. We understand that children learn through repeated experiences, socialization, play, and interactions with people and materials.
Our program offers a balance of teacher-directed and child-initiated activities. A flexible schedule allows our teachers to meet the individual needs of each child. Our teachers offer choices, encourage independence, and respect individuality in a caring and nurturing environment.
- To develop an awareness of God.
- To promote the establishment of a positive self-image and the development of autonomy.
- To develop the acquisition of language skills in a supported environment.
- To foster social competence and growth of interpersonal skills.
- To extend children’s natural curiosity by encouraging the development of critical thinking, questioning, exploration, and the discovery and acceptance of new challenges.
- To promote the development of small and large muscle control, balance, coordination, body and spatial awareness.
- To assist parents in becoming an active participant in their child’s education.
- To promote the appreciation and respect of differences among children including those with special learning needs.
Parents are the first teachers and the most important adults in a child’s life. To help bridge the gap between school and home and develop a sense of community, parents are encouraged to contribute their skills, talents, and time to the classroom. We encourage family participation, and would be happy to assist you in finding a way for you to be a part of our school community. There are many opportunities for you to participate in the education of your child. We offer parent occupation days, and a variety of other educational experiences and special events involving children’s families.
St. Peter Central Catholic Preschool encourages a rich ethnic diversity in student population. Application is open to children of all races, religions, color, disabilities, and national origin. The age requirement for Preschool is 2.9 years old as of September.